SeReNdIpItY

In our darkest hour, In my deepest despair, Will you still care, Will you be there, In my trials, And my tribulations, Through our doubts, And frustrations, In my violence, In my turbulence, Through my fear, And my confessions, In my anguish and my pain, Through my joy and my sorrow, In the promise, Of another tomorrow, I’ll never let you part, For you’re always in my heart.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

... The WorK Like U never thaink about it THAT WaY ...

After 2 years of devoted service, an Employee realized that he has not been promoted, no salary increase no commendation and that the company is not doing any thing about it. One morning he walk up to his manager and after exchanging greetings, he told his manager his observation. The boss looked at him, laughed and asked him to sit down saying; My friend, you have not worked here for even one day. The man was surprised to hear this, but the manager went on to explain. Let me explain….
Manager:- How many days are there in a year?
Employee:- 365 days and some times 366
Manager:- how many hours make up a day?
Employee:- 24 hours
Manager:- How long do you work in a day?
Employee:- 8am to 4pm. i. e. 8 hours a day.
Manager:- So, what fraction of the day do you work in hours?
Employee:- (He did some arithmetic and said 8/24 hours ie. 1/3(one third)
Manager:- That is nice of you! What is one-third of 366 days?
Employee:- 122 (1/3x366 - 122 in days)
Manager:- Do you come to work on weekends?
Employee:- No sir
Manager:- How many days are there in a year that are weekends?
Employee:- 52 Thursdays and 52 Fridays equals to 104 days
Manager:- Thanks for that. If you remove 104 days from 122 days,how manydays do you now have?
Employee:- 18 days.
Manager:- OK! I do give you 1 week sick leave every year approximately. Now remove that 7 days from the 18 days left. How many days do you have remaining?
Employee:- 11 days
Manager:- Do you work on Eid holidays?
Employee:- No sir!
Manager:- Deduct the Eid holidays (11-10).... 5 days for Eid al Fitr and 5 days for Eid al Adha.
Manager:- So how many days are left?
Employee:- 1 day sir!
Manager:- Do you come to work on the (National day )?
Employee:- No sir!
Manager:- So how many days are left?
Employee:- None sir!
Manager:- So, what are you claiming for?
Employee:- I understood Sir ! Thank you sir for all the money you have been giving me. I am sorry for trying to steal from the Company!!!

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE SALAH SAID SO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home